Event's DetailsDear Sir/ Madam,
We are pleased to inform you that we are organizing a one day National Level Seminar on the theme captioned as ‘National Seminar on Homestead Management to Ensure Employment and Secure Nutrition for Family Wellness’, to be held on Sunday, the 11th March 2018 in Guwahati City.
Progressive farmers, agripreneurs, agri-business people, agri-enthusiasts, development workers, agri-scientists and all other stakeholders in this broad field are our targeted audience and target area is Assam, other Northeastern States and India as well. We cordially invite you and your colleagues to participate in the seminar in the interest of farmers and farming and to make it a grand success. Thanking you.
About the Seminar
In these days of shattered home economy, unemployment, nutritional insecurity and polluted environment our homesteads can give advantageous solution to these problems looming large on our farming communities turning it to a ‘Home, Sweet Home’. Homestead has been a practice in Assam since long time since its adoption patronized by the legendary Momai Tamuli Barbarua, the great friend of farmers. Now is the time to boost it up with modern updated technology and skills for the benefit of farmers and farming in Assam.
The deliberations of the seminar will focus on the following themes:
1) Scope of employment generation of farm-family members in a homestead;
2) Sustainable home economics for farm-families and farming systems;
3) Feasibility of producing non-conventional animal component sources in homestead and its nutritive value.
4) Eco-aesthetic Management of homestead for healthy living condition.
CHAIR-PERSON of the Seminar
Dr Paran Barua,
Formerly Chief Scientist, CSIR-NEIST(RRL), Jorhat, Assam.
REPORTEURS of the seminar
1. Dr Anuj Baruah, Technocrat & Partner Leader, Krishi Jigyas;
2. Dr Rajeev B Kayastha, SMS, KVK, Chirang
TIME-KEEPER of the Seminar
Sri Paragjyoti Borah
RESOURCE PERSONS of the Seminar
1. Dr Ram Awadh Ram, Principal Scientist,
ICAR-Central Institute of Subtropical Horticulture, Lucknow, UP;
2. Dr Nalin Mohan, Senior Consultant, SIRD (GoA), Guwahati-22, Assam;
3. Dr (Mrs) Nivedita Deka, Professor,
Deptt of Agril. Econ. & Farm Management, AAU, Jorhat-13, Assam;
4. Dr Anjan Jyoti Nath, Assistant Professor,
Lakhimpur College of Veterinary Sc, AAU, North Lakhimpur, Assam;
Event's LocationGuwahati, Assam